We have the priveledge of having Mark Sheldrake (the son of Kay Arthur) come to FBC on behalf of Precept Ministries to do a workshop for us on Studying the Bible! Best of all, this event is FREE!
Friday, May 22nd 6:30-9:30pm: The first workshop will introduce you to the most essential skills for Inductive Bible Study so you can personally interact with God’s Word, understand it’s meaning, and apply it to your life.
- Learn the essentials: Observation, Interpretation and Application
- Practice Observation Skills
- Learn how these essential skills will lead to a greater understanding of the Bible
Saturday, May 23rd from 9am-5pm:
The second workshop deals with how to do an overview of a New Testament epistle using Precept’s Inductive Study Method. The student will gain application insight by studying the book of Titus collectively. It’s also for Precept students who want to understand why and when to use specific study skills (how to do markings, overview a chapter of a book, use a concordance, etc.)
· Learn observation, interpretation and application skills for a New Testament Letter
· Apply Inductive Bible Study skills to a New Testament Letter
· Overview a New Testament Letter
· Observe a chapter
· Learn to use online word study tools